2011年3月10日木曜日

Banff / バンフ国立公園(1)

ちょっと間が空きましたが、Banff国立公園に行った時の様子です。
これで2回目の国立公園体験となりますが、やっぱり山がすごくて写真をたくさんとってしまいました。Jasperの写真と比べると似てるなぁと自分でも思うんですが、実際に山を間近に見ると自然にシャッターを押してしまいます。
It's been a while since we took our trip to Banff National Park, but here are some pictures from our trip!
This was my second visit to a National Park here in Canada, but I was so amazed by the scenery I couldn't help but take a lot of pictures.  Banff is situated south of Jasper, along the Rocky Mountain range, so it figures that these pictures are quite similar compared to the pictures I took in Jasper.  When you get close to these magnificent mountains you just can't help but click away!!
また山の写真を撮ってSteveのご両親に見せると、「この山は登った!」「この山の名前はねぇ・・・」と山を見ただけでいろいろ教えてくださいます。Jasperに続いて、Banffの山もよくご存じ&登山されていました(^^)
Just like last time, when I showed my pictures to Steve's parents they often exclaimed, "Oh yes, we've hiked that mountain" or "The name of that mountain is....", so I in turn learned a lot from them!

Banff国立公園は、カルガリー空港から1時間半という交通の便がいいこともあって、Jasperよりたくさんの観光客が訪れるそうです。日本人観光客が多いということでも有名だそうです。(久々に日本人にたくさん会えるかなぁ~(^^)とひそかに楽しみにして行きました)
Banff National Park is about an hour and a half drive from the city of Calgary, which also has an International Airport.  Because of it's accessibility to international travelers as well as Canadians it sees a much higher volume of tourism compared to Jasper.  It is a hot spot for Japanese tourism. (so I was also kinda' excited to see other Japanese people there!) (^^)    
さて、私たちがBanffに着いて一番最初に行った場所は、"Lake Louise"(ルイーズ湖)です。Banffの中心街を通り過ぎて約30キロさらに車を走らせました。
When we got there, we actually drove-on to Lake Louise, 30km beyond the Banff town site.   
これがLake Louiseです(^^)私たちの冬の様子と比べたら分りやすいと思って、夏の様子の写真をインターネットで見つけて付けました。
Here is a nice picture I found that shows the full beauty of Lake Louise! This picture I found on the web is of what it looks like in the summer time - so you can compare it to our winter pictures. 
湖の手前にあるお城のような建物はChateau Lake Louise(シャトー・レイク・ルイーズ)という名前のホテルです。Chateauとはフランス語でお城という意味なので、もともとはお城だったのかなぁと思いましたが、カナダのCanadian Pacific Railwayという鉄道会社が、19世紀末期~20世紀初頭にヨーロッパからの観光客を招くために建てたホテルということが分りました。
The castle-like building by the lake is the famous hotel Chateau Lake Louise!  "Chateau" is French for "castle", so I wondered if it was in fact an old castle, but in fact it is a luxury hotel built by the Canadian Pacific Railway back at the beginning of the 1900's to entice Europeans to come and tour across Canada!  

ジャーン♪こちらが私たちの写真です。Steveの前が湖、後ろの建物がChateau Lake Louiseです。
Tadaaaa♪ Here is one of my pictures.  That's the Chateau behind Steve, and the lake is off to the left.
湖とホテルの周りを回れる馬車も見ました(^^)
There was a horse-drawn sleigh ride that went around the trails near the lake.
夏にはエメラルドグリーン色で美しい湖も、冬にはスケートリンクに姿を変えます。私たちが行った時には運よく氷の彫刻がありました☆
What is a beautiful emerald green lake in the summer turns into a skating rink with an ice palace in the winter! Luckily, when we visited there were also ice sculptures on display!

「リンク上での怪我は自己責任」ということで、私たちもさっそく気をつけながら滑ります~☆
We too, as the sign warned, skated at our own risk.
日本にいる友人から「スケートはだいぶ上手くなった?」という質問を受けましたが、上の写真を見ても分ると思いますが・・・へっぴり腰でまだまだうまいという域にいきません(*´д`*)精進します!!
A friend of mine in Japan wondered if I was getting better at skating...well, as you may be able to see from the pictures above I am still a long way from turning pro, but hey, at least I am standing! (*´д`*)
ホテルの前にはたくさんの氷の彫刻があったので、それも紹介します(*^_^*)彫刻の上に雪が積もっていて、雪で隠れてしまっている部分もありましたが、それでも巧妙に彫られていてきれいでした☆
Here are some of the many ice sculptures that were on display in front of the hotel.  Some snow had fallen on the sculptures hiding some of the artwork and affecting the overall appearance, but could still enjoy the amazing skill and craftsmanship of these works of art! 
このあと、記念にとホテルのロビーを見学しに行きました。大きくて豪華~!!でした(^.^)いつかここに泊まれたらいいなぁ~と思います☆ホテルの中の様子は写真に撮ってないので、ホテルのホームページのリンクをつけます。もし興味がある方は見てみてください(^^)ここをクリック!
After this we went inside the hotel to check it out a bit.  It was the definition of grand and elegant!  It would be so amazing to actually stay here!  I didn't take any pictures inside the hotel, so here is the link to the hotel's website for those of you who are interested!   >>>                ↑↑↑
スケートを終えてバンフの街に戻ると、もうすっかり夜でした。ちょっと下の写真では見えにくいですが、メインストリートにはレストランやお土産屋さん、ショッピングセンターなどなどあって、買い物がいっぱいできる場所だなぁという印象を受けました。
By the time we got back to the town of Banff, it was nightfall.  It may be difficult to see in the dark pictures below, but the main street was lined with shops and restaurants.  For a small town in a mountain national park, it was quite densely commercialized.  I could see how this would appeal to tourists and also how it could be problematic.

この日の夜は、たまたま見つけた日本食料理店の『杉野屋』というレストランに行きました
As we rushed out for a late dinner, and it was a treat to find a very good Japanese restaurant called "Suginoya"
サッポロビール、巻きずし、照り焼きチキン、枝豆、えびの天ぷら♪みそ汁にサラダ(^^)2人前の特別メニューをたのみました。おいーしかったです(●^o^●)オーナーもウェイトレスもみんな日本人で、ちょっと日本に帰った気分になりました☆
しかも、思わず見つけて注文してしまったのは・・・カルピスチューハイです!!懐かしくて格別の味でした(^_-)
Sapporo Beer, sushi rolls, teriyaki chicken, edamame, shrimp tempura♪ miso soup and salad (^^)we ordered the special for two!  It was sooooo good (●^o^●)Everyone from the owner to the waitresses were Japanese...I almost felt like I was back in Japan!
The highlight of the meal for me was finding something I never thought I'd be able to find in Canada: Calpis Wine Cooler!! It was a special taste of home  (^_-)
バンフで日本食を食べたい時は、『杉野屋』さん、オススメします(*^_^*)
So, if you ever find yourself in Banff with a hankerin' for Japanese food, I recommend Suginoya(*^_^*)

次の日へつづく・・・
The next day....(to be continued)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿