2011年5月11日水曜日

Happy Mother's Day (1)

5月8日はカナダでも母の日でした♪
そして、この母の日はお母さんのJoanさんだけでなく、母ではない私にとっても特別な日になりました(^_-)
May 8th was Mother's Day here in Canada♪
It turned out to be a special day not only for Moms, but I was also fortunate to enjoy a special day with Joan.

まず、母の日の特別はKarina手作りのクレープのブランチから始まりました✿✿✿
写真を撮るのを忘れてしまいましたが・・・
クレープの中身はたっぷりフルーツ☆バナナ、イチゴ、マンゴー(*^_^*)そして、もちろんメープルシロップです。
おいしくって、春らしくって素晴らしい母の日のブランチでした。
First, we all enjoyed a special Mother's Day brunch of crepes over at Karina's✿✿✿
I forgot to take any pictures, but for what it's worth I can describe how delicious the crapes were:
There was an assortment of fresh-cut fruit including bananas, strawberries, mango, and of course Maple Syrup.
It was delicious and had a wonderfully spring-time like feel to it!  A lovely Mother's Day brunch!
・・・と、これだけでは終わりません。
But wait, there's more!...
午後になって、今度はSteveの提案で私たちがチャレンジしたことは、カヌーです(●^o^●)
雪どけ水が川に流れて、川がちょうど増水して『カヌー日和』だということだったそうです!
In the afternoon, it was time for Steve's special Mother's Day activity:  Canoeing!!!(●^o^●)
The heavy snow fall from the long winter has all melted and flooded the Sturgeon River here in St.Albert to record levels, creating perfect conditions for some great Canoeing!
①カヌーの掃除
Step 1: Cleaning the Canoe
今までに私が撮った裏庭の写真に、逆さまの状態で置かれているカヌーがあったと思います。そのカヌーを使いました!!
This is the canoe that sits upside-down in the back yard...I'm pretty sure it's been in some of the pictures on this blog before.  Anyway, that's the canoe we used!!

ここでちょっと余談ですが・・・
カヌーの掃除を頑張るSteveとSteveお父さんの写真を撮りに表に出て、それから家へ入る時に思わず撮ってしまったこの写真(*^_^*)
When I went outside to take the above pictures of Steve and his father cleaning the canoe, I also happened to take these pictures.

お母さんのJoanさんがボランティアで働いているボタニックパークという公園で育てられたバラがちょうど売られていたので、サプライズでSteveと私が母の日のプレゼントとしてJoanさんに贈りました✿とっても喜んでもらえました(*^_^*)
The Botanical Garden where Joan works as a volunteer has been having a special rose sale, so as a surprise Steve and I went and bought one for her✿ It was the perfect gift and she was very happy(*^_^*)
では、カヌーに戻って・・・
O.K., back to the canoeing...
②輸送
Step 2: Transport
カヌーはトラックに乗せました。スタートポイントは冬にスケートをした近くの公園です!Go!!
The canoe was loaded up onto the truck.  The starting point was close to the same park where we had gone  skating in the winter.

③出発ポイント
Step 3: Point of departure
カヌーの出発地点に最高の場所を見つけました!
We found a great spot to put the canoe in the water!

いよいよ出発です!
Almost ready to go!
では、出発の様子を私の目線でお楽しみください(*^^)v
Enjoy a look at the beginning of our adventure through my eyes!(*^^)v



④合流
Step 4: The pick up

母の日でも、お母さんのJoanさんはボタニックパークでバラの販売のボランティアをされていたので、後からの合流です。出発地点から200Mくらい離れたところに、Steveのお母さんとお父さんがちょうど到着されました!
Joan was volunteering at the Botanic Park on Mother's Day as well, so we got all ready and met her nearby.  About 200m upstream from where we put the canoe in the water, Steve's Mom was accompanied by Howard and met us at the water's edge.

と、すごくいいタイミングで全てが進んでいますが、裏でSteveのお父さんが全てアレンジしてくれていました。ありがとうございます(*^_^*)
It all went really smoothly and according to plan.  Thanks so much to Steve's dad who helped arrange everything!

⑤2回目の出発!!
Step 5: The second departure!
カヌーは3人乗りだったので、お父さんのHowardさんにはゴールの下流までしばしのお別れ。
The canoe can only hold three people, so Howard saw us off and took up the role of support crew.
それでは、私たちはゴール目指して出発です~!!!
And so we set out a-paddlin' down the river!!! (click below to view the slideshow!)


川の流れに乗って、順調にカヌーをこいでいると、お母さんのジョアンさんが「あっ!!」と茂みの中になんとムースを見つけました!!
We paddled effortlessly with the help of the current, the canoe moving smoothly through the water, when suddenly Joan exclaimed, "Wow!!"...she had spotted a moose off in the bush on the river's edge!

あまり鮮明ではないですが、その時の映像はこれです↓↓↓
It's not a very sharp image, but this is what I was able to capture on video↓↓↓
ムース、初めてみました!冬の間に、クロスカントリーにでかけたJoanさんがムースを見たり、学校に行けば、先生の中にも家の近所でムースを見たという方がいたり、話は聞いていましたが、実際に自分で見るのは初めてで、やっぱり感動しました!「本当にいるんだなぁ・・」と、しみじみ・・・(゜.゜)
This was my first Moose sighting!!!  Back in the wintertime, Joan came home from cross country skiing with a story about seeing a moose...  Also, a teacher at one of the schools had talked about encountering a moose that was roaming around close to their home.  So I had heard stories of moose sightings, but this was the first time to see one for myself!  It was a real thrill!!  I kind of felt like,"Wow, they really do exist!!"

Happy Mother's Day(2)へ続く・・・
本当に残念ですが、Happy Mother's Day(2)を日本語も英語も全部終えて更新した後に、何かコンピューターかソフトに問題があって、半分以上のブロクが消えてしまいました。
今からまた出来る限り再現してみようと思います・・・(;_;)また後日見てみてください・・。
Part 2 was up and even translated, but there was some kind of technical difficulty and it seems to have been deleted!!  After all that hard work, that can be really frustrating. We'll see what we can do in case some of you didn't see it...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿