2011年8月25日木曜日

ご無沙汰してました

久しぶりのブログ更新になります。
This is a long overdue update!

Steveのウォークが終わってすぐに私は前にしていたパートの仕事にすぐに戻り、それ以降バタバタ・・バタバタ・・としていました。
As soon as we got back from Steve's walk I was able to return to my job, so things have been rather busy recently.

といことで、今日はこの私を忙しくしているパート先について書きます(*^^)v 
And so, I am going to make this blog entry about what has been keeping me so busy: my job!

(もちろん、Steveのウォークの続きも追ってブロクに載せます!!ガンバリます!)
(I will, of course, also write a blog entry soon about Steve's walk!!  Stay tuned for that!)

私がパートでレジをしているのは、St. Albertにある『エンジョイ・センター』という総合ガーデンモールです。そこには、
As a part time job I have been working as a cashier at a gardening center called the Enjoy Center in St.Albert.  The Enjoy Center is comprised of:

・オーナーがもともとしていたHole's(ホールズ)と呼ばれるガーデン・インテリアショップ
- a gardening and interior shop named "Hole's", the name of the family who originally started it.
・レストラン
- a restaurant
・キッチン用品店
- a kitchen goods shop
・生鮮食料品店
- a grocery store
・エステ&スパ
- a spa
・ベーカリー
- a bakary
・ワインショップ
- a wine shop
・カットフラワーショップ
- a fresh-cut flower shop
があります。

Hole'sは夫婦が野菜の販売から始めたガーデンショップで地元の人に大変愛されています。そのご夫婦は亡くなりましたが、今のエンジョイセンターは2人の息子さんたちが後を継いで拡大されたセンターです。
Hole's began with Lois and Ted Hole, who ran a successful market garden business from their farm. It grew to become one of Western Canada's largest retail greenhouse stores.  Mrs. Hole has passed-on, but she was and still is dear to the hearts of local people. The present Enjoy Center is run by their sons, who have expanded the business into this center.
Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
春5~6月の一年草の時期のみ
グリーンハウスにはフラワーバスケットがこのように管理/販売されていました(^^)
ところどころにの柱にからは水がでるようになっていて、バスケットは動きながらまんべんなく水を補給できます。

These are just May-June's Spring annuals!
In this greenhouse the flower baskets were taken care of and sold.
There were pole-like structures set-up to supply water and so the hanging baskets, hung from a conveyor belt, would rotate around so as to receive and even distribution of water.  

これもHole's の一年草の販売エリアです。
This is also a area of Hole's designated for selling annuals!
Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
ここのスペースはウェディングなどイベント会場としても使うことができます(^^)
This space is also used for weddings and other functions.
これもガーデンショップエリアです。2階はオフィスなのでお客さんは入れません。
This is also a garden shop area.  The offices are all on the second floor.
Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
レストランの様子。座席数ではこの街で一番大きいレストランになったそうです(^^)
The restaurant.  Apparently it has the largest seating capacity of all the restaurants in the city!
Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
このレストランでも出されるベーカリーのパンはとても評判がいいです。私も今日も仕事帰りに1つパンを買って帰りました(^^)
This restaurant has a bakery whose bread is very popular.  Today, I couldn't resist buying a little something for the drive home (^^)

Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
このエンジョイセンターはガーデンセンター部分は5月にオープンしたものの、他の部分はつい最近まで工事中で完全オープンはまだしていません。ワインショップはまだ準備中です。
The Garden Center part of the Enjoy Center opened back in May, but some of the other areas are still under construction and have yet to open.  The Wine Shop is not quite ready to open yet...I am looking forward to it!
Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
Inside the new Enjoy Centre and Prairie Bistro in St. Albert, Alta on April 26 2011
*ここまでの写真は「Edmonton Journal」のonline記事からとってきたものです。
*All the pictures above are from an online article by the "Edmonton Journal"
私はこのガーデンセンターのレジと地下にある生鮮食料品のレジをしています。新しくオープンした地下の写真は見つけることができませんでしたが、なんとなくでも私が最近働いているところがどんなところか伝わればいいなぁと思って、今日のブログを更新しました。
I work at the registers on the lower floor, where there is a grocery store. Because it's only recently opened, I couldn't find any pictures of it, but I thought this blog update would give you all a rough image of where I have been working.  

興味がある方は、このエンジョイセンターはfacebookもあるのでのぞいてみてください(^^)
For those who are interested, have a look at the Enjoy Center's facebook link!


では、次回はウォークの続きをリポートします(*^_^*)
Next up:  a report on "The Walk"! (*^_^*)


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿