In Japan, when we think "Canada", we think "Winter Sports!". So we set out the other day, in defiance of the cold weather, for some skating and cross-country skiing!
スケートリンクは野外リンクです。公園の一角に水をまいてリンクを作るそうです。この公園は家から歩いて15分くらい離れたところにあります。夏に公園に来た時は、氷の下は青い芝生でした!
Here we are at an outdoor rink. There are outdoor rinks for hockey and others like this one for just skating in pretty much every neighbourhood. The one we went to is about a 15 minute walk from the house (and it's not even the closest one!) For me the most amazing part is that when we came here back in the summer it was a field of beautiful green grass!
前進するのが精一杯の私に比べて、アイスホッケーをしていたスティーブはもちろん、スティーブのお母さんJoanさんも前向き・後ろ向きでスイスイと滑られます♪♬さすがカナダ人!!
私もスティーブに手伝ってもらって後ろ向きで滑るのに挑戦しましたが・・・ちょっとどころか全く滑れませんでした。。。
I may have let-down Team Japan a little: a beginner skater slowly creeping forward, as both "Mr.Hockey" Steve and his Super Mom whizzed around me skating forward, backward, doing back flips and triple lutzes
| 重心をどうしても後ろにできず、全く後ろに向けて滑れませんでした(^^;) As much as I tried, I just couldn't seem to skate backwards! |
この日は良い天気だったので、ご近所のディータさんもクロスカントリーに来ておられました!リンクのすぐ横がクロスカントリーのコースです。
Despite the cold, it was a nice, sunny day! One of our neighbours, Dieter, was out skiing on the cross country trails that are right beside the rink!
この次の日、私たちもクロスカントリースキーをしよう!ということで、さっそく公園に戻りました。
スキーもしたことがない私が初めてクロスカントリースキーに挑戦です☆
The next day, we decided to get out and try some cross country skiing for ourselves! We headed back down to the same location as the day before for my first attempt at this fun and popular winter sport!
一度転倒しましたが、スキーのレーンがあるので、その後をたどってなんとか滑れました(*^^)vまたKarinaが後ろからサポートしてくれたので心強かったです(*^_^*)
I managed to only fall down one time(*^^)v But with the tracks set and Karina behind me supporting me all the way, it was easy going!
| 初めてのクロスカントリースキー・大成功!! My first try at cross country skiing was a big success! |
初めてのスキーに写真を撮る余裕がなく、SteveとJoanさんがスキーをしている写真がありません。。(次回、がんばります!!)
As it was my first time skiing, I spent most of my time trying to catch up, so I don't have any pictures of everyone skiing. Better luck next time!!
寒いカナダでも、天気のいい日は外に出てスケートやスキーをするととても楽しかったです。慣れない寒さに家の中に引きこもりがちですが、ウィンター・スポーツを楽しみにもっともっと外に出ようよ思いました(^^)次は、ソリに挑戦したいと思っています!!(でも、スティーブの腰が治るまで待った方がいいかなー。それと、先週は記録的な大雪で今週もさらに寒い日が続きます!)
Canada's winter is c-o-l-d...but getting outside on a sunny day to go skating or skiing is a really good time! Even for me, someone who hates the cold and would much rather just curl-up in the comfortable warmth of the house, I really did enjoy myself and look forward to heading back out there! Steve says that next on the list is sledding! (but maybe we should wait for Steve's back to get better first...oh, that, and there was a record snow fall here last week and this week there is going to be another cold snap! So stay tuned!)


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿