We said farewell to Japan and headed to Paris!
パリに行ったのには3つの理由がありました。
Our reasons to visit Paris were threefold:
1.パリにいるSteveのお兄さん夫婦(ErikとTorieちゃん)に会いに行くため
To visit Steve's brother Erik and his wife Torie. (also known as my brother-in-law, Erik and my sister-in-law, Torie)
2.新婚旅行を兼ねて
Our continued honeymoon
3.フランスと言えばやっぱり・・・『食べて』『飲んで』、もちろん『観光』をするため
As one might imagine (and then some), to eat, to drink and of course to see the sights!
パリではErikとTorieちゃんの新居に滞在しました。We also got to see (and stay at) their new home!
全部の部屋を2人がリフォームしていて、
元のアンティーク調の部屋からモダンな北欧スタイルの素敵な部屋でした☆
They are doing an amazing job of upgrading and remodeling!
また今回は私たちの新婚旅行も兼ねての旅行だったので、
2人が南フランス3泊4日のプチ旅行を計画してくれていたり、
シャンパーニュ地方のシャンパンの製造元で見学できるツアーを計画してくれていて、
たくさん貴重な体験ができました。
As this was also our honeymoon, we were treated to a 3 night, 4 day trip to Southern France as well as
a trip to the famous Champagne region! It was a very special (and delicious!) visit!
毎日が新しいことや素敵なことで、全部写真で伝えたいですが、とても量が多いので、
コラージュ写真で何個かに分けて紹介します(*^_^*)
Every day was filled with one great thing after another! I want to share each moment (and relive it again and again!)...I hope these collages will do the trick!
最初は食べ物、飲み物編、、、
First, the food! ("Ohhhh, the food!!" (Steve)) ...and the drink!
●○食べ物○●
Food
さすが、食の都・パリ!!
外食&手作りの食事も含めて写真に残したものを敷き詰めました。
写真を選びながらおなかがすいてきます・・・。
Here is a taste our fantastic feasts! Whether we ate in or out, the dishes were never less than scrumptious!
Just looking at these pictures is making me hungry! (and Steve's belly grow)
●○乾杯!○●
Kampai!
食べ物に合わせて飲み物も楽しむ・・・♪
本当に楽しみました(●^o^●)
Eating is such a great part of traveling! And drinking is such a great part of visiting!!
●○SWEETS○●
パリに初めて行った時に学んだことは、「チーズコース」。
Something I learned about on my first trip to Paris was "the Cheese course".
コース料理が主流のフランスでは、食後のデザートももちろんコースの一部です。
でも、私のように甘いものが苦手な人には、「チーズコース」というのが選べます。
The French way of eating involves having multiple courses. This can be confusing at first.
I am not a big fan of sweets, so I was pleased to find that I could switch my dessert course
and opt for a cheese course instead!
要は、デザートの代わりにチーズの盛り合わせがデザートの時間にくるということです。
フランスではたくさんのチーズの種類があるので、味比べができて楽しいです。
食べる順番もあるようで、一目でどれがどのチーズか分らないといけないので、
フランス風に楽しむにも知識がいるようです。(写真:左端、下から2番目)
There are a countless variety of French cheeses. It was so fun to taste and compare.
Erik and Torie guided me through the order in which to properly taste a cheese platter.
(Steve's suggested method involved the additional step of sharing some with him)
There is a picture of a cheese course, on the left, second from the bottom. Also, can you spot the creme brule? How about the pineapple carpacio?
フランスでは、食べただけじゃなくて、いろいろな場所を観光したり、今回は特に
特別に旅行も行ったりで、たーーくさん書くことはありますが、
ここで一旦休憩して、また別の機会に書きたいと思います(^^)
We didn't just eat all the time; we also did some sightseeing. On this visit we went on two special trips, one of which was a surprise destination!! (in that Erik and Torie planned it all for us and we tried our best not to look at the destination written on our train tickets). So fun!
カナダに来て1カ月経つのに、まだ何も書いてないので、全てが後手後手になる前に
日々のカナダ生活の報告にシフトチェンジします!
I want to write all about our trips to Avignon, the Cotes-du-Rhone region, Chateauneuf de Pape, as well as the Champagne region, Versaille and our numerous adventures around Paris...but seeing how we've been in Canada for about a month now...I better fast forward to the present and maybe go back to playing catch-up another time! (oh well, maybe the dizzying effect will accurately reflect our present state of mind!)



0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿