2010年10月23日土曜日

特別Lesson

数日前、Project#1の床の仕上げが終わりました!
A few days ago, the deck covering (Project 1) was completed!
最後の仕上げの日の前に、私はHowardさんからどのように最後の床の仕上げをするのか、特別レッスンを受けました。
The night before the final phase of the project, Howard gave me a special tutorial on the finishing procedure!
出来上がったデッキの報告の前に、私が受けたレッスンの様子を紹介します。
So, before I unveil the completed project I'd like to introduce what I learned in my mini-lesson.

まず、仕上げの作業とは、重なり合ったマットののりしろ部分を、熱風(最高温度600℃)が出るホット・ガンという機械を使って溶接するということ。
The final step involves using a hot gun to heat-weld the deck cover, sealing it completely.
◇ホット・ガン◇ Let's take a closer look at The Hot Gun!
熱風の威力の実験。ビニール製の紐が熱風によって溶けました(^.^)
Testing the intensity : it was able to melt the tip of this piece of rope.
◇デモストレーション◇ Demonstration
実際にテスト用のマットを使って溶接をしてくださいました。デッキの淵につけたカバーも、触ってみるとプラスチックでカバーがされていて、同じくホット・ガンを使って溶接ができました。
Testing it out on a few strips of the actual flooring material. Sealing to each-other and sealing to the edging.
実験中は、私の質問にたくさん答えてくださいました。I was pleased to have many of my questions answered during the experiment.
例えば、マットの表面同士の溶接は可能か?(⇒可能でした!実験しました。)とか、溶接する一面がプラスチックじゃない場合も同じ方法で溶接できるか?(⇒両面が特殊なプラスチックじゃないと不可能。)などなど教えていただきました(^^)
For example, is it also possible to weld two top surfaces of the cover together? : You betcha!
Also, can it be welded to a non-plastic surface? : No-go!
では、翌日の実際の仕上げの様子です。
So, without further ado - here's are some shots of "game day".
壁にもマットがきれいについていますが、これは特別なボンドで付けています↑↑
というのは・・・壁の素材がマットのようなプラスチックではないから溶接できません(^_-)
全体を見るとこんな感じになりました☟Here's a look at the completed project

これからカナダは寒くなりますが、デッキに出て何かすることもあると思います☆今後の写真の中にこのデッキが写ったら、この出来上がりまでの過程を思い出してみてください・・・(^.^)♬♪♫
From here-on-out its going to be getting colder and colder...but I have a feeling we will find a way to get out and enjoy the deck.  If any future pictures show this deck, I hope you'll be able to recall all the hard work that went into making it a reality. Now, time for a beer! (just not too close to the edge!)

1 件のコメント:

  1. ハワードさん、よしみちゃん、お疲れ様でした。
    素敵なデッキの完成おめでとー☆スティーブのパパはなんでもできてすごいねぇ。尊敬です!

    返信削除